A forum for discussion of all aspects of hosting, attributes to consider when choosing a web hosting service, things to look out for, and more.
Hosting Forum Description
Web Hosting Discussion Forum - A forum for discussion of all aspects of hosting, attributes to consider when choosing a web hosting service, things to look out for, and more.
Hi friends How can I avoid ddos attack on a single domain
Ad: There You can have your forum site-wide banner/text ad for $19 monthly. Contact admin
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:21 pm
If you are on shared host, you cannot prevent the DDOS attacks yourself. Your web host must have implemented some sort of anti DDOS techniques at server level. If you are referring to brute force attacks on dashboard/admin pages, then it can be prevented by plugins and password protected directories.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:16 pm
If the attack is pointed at a specific IP address your site is hosted on, you need to change the site’s IP. However your host would be in a better position to help prevent the DDoS attack.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:13 pm
The only way to stop ddos attack is if you are using your own webserver instead a shared host. If you are sharing a host then you contact your provider to protect you from such attacks, otherwise it is impossible.
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:56 am
- Location: India
- do not host content that attract attackers
- host with shared hosting provider who provide ddos protection
- use cloudflare.com free protection service
- order own server backed by ddos protection like 500 Gbps+ or such (servercomplete, buyvm, alexhost provide these)
- Site Admin
- Posts: 632
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 7:58 pm
- Location: Czech Republic
Return to General WebHosting Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests