WebHosting Reviews Forum

Budget DirectAdmin hosting and domain names

Enable do-follow back links?

General Webmaster Discussion @ Top Hosting Forum
Hosting Forum Description
General Webmaster Discussion at Top Hosting Forum, Welcome

Enable do-follow back links?

Postby Thomas048 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:10 pm

If you owned a blog or a forum or a site where your visitors can left messages, what would you do? Would you allowed them to post do follow back links or not?

It's true that if you enable do follow back links there will be many spammers who will try to get this advantage to increase their Page Rank. They can cause you mess with the manage of the comments or if you don't have time to moderate, they will be shown to your page, something that is not so nice..

On the other hand, allowing only no follow back links, can cause you many value comments, as many honest webmasters are looking forward to make value comments on do follow sites. Some of them are ready to do link exchange too, but when they realized that the owner is not giving do follow back links, they hesitate to ask..

Which is the best option?

Ad: There You can have your forum site-wide banner/text ad for $99 yearly. Contact admin

Thomas048

Re: Enable do-follow back links?

Postby junkyjack » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:14 am

yeah... i own some blogs.. and i have activated do follow links... we can do one thing.. just set a filter on new user.. like for his/her first 10 post without informing him/her.. if he/she spamming ban him/her otherwise let them post... :)

junkyjack

Postby James159 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:34 am

Can you tell me how I enable Do-follow back links on blogspot blogs?

James159

Postby gracypro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:17 am

I am not really expert but there should be like rel=nofollow tag, you just have to delete that tag and will become dofollow.

gracypro

Postby vincentgillbert » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:10 pm

There are so many list of enabled do follow back link. i am suggesting you one website in which you can see all the list. please have a look. Thank you. http://techgyo.com/index.php/112-latest-list-commentluv-enabled-do-follow-blogs-higher-page-rank-order/

vincentgillbert

Postby James159 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:40 am

Can anyone tell me that how I enable dofollow links on blogspot blog?

James159

Postby zarawatsonn » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:47 am

Everytime when i try to convert no follow links into do follow links by editing in the source code, after publishing the content it will automatically back to no follow tag...........how we make them permanent.
IS it possible?

zarawatsonn

Postby pranu » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Yes. If we make changes in code, it will again convert into no-follow link. I am also in search to convert no-follow links to do-follow links.

pranu

Postby johnniewalk » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:57 am

It depends on your opinion, because if we allow dofollw then our blog traffic will increase rather than the nofollow. But yes i accept lot of spammers will trying to get a backlink from the blog, but we have to moderate it.

johnniewalk

Return to General Webmaster Talk