Top Hosting Forum

WebHosting Reviews Forum

Budget DirectAdmin hosting and domain names

What do you expect from hosting company

Talk about web hosting reselling, reseller questions, tips and more. Include reseller hosting reviews.

Reseller hosting from Hostgator - cpanel, whmcs, enom included!

Hosting Forum Description
Talk about web hosting reselling, reseller questions, tips and more. Include reseller hosting reviews.

What do you expect from hosting company

Postby Thomas048 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 pm

What do you ask from a hosting company? What are the services you are looking for in order to host your site on a company? I know that the price is a very big factor, but just forget the money for a little and give the services you thing a good hosting company should have.

I say it must have its' serves up 24h/ day and 7days/ week. I know is not possible, but there are hosting companies with only 2% down time, that's a very good rate.

I also ask for a nice control panel. One which I can easily use and will help me not only to manage my content, but make it SEO friendly too.

A strong support team is a must for me, and if possible to be available many hours every day. This way when I face a problem I will be able to ask for help and solve it.

Ad: There You can have your forum site-wide banner/text ad for $99 yearly. Contact admin

Thomas048

Re: Choosing a hosting company

Postby yaserali » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Finding the right hosting company to trust your online business with has never been safer or easier.
Most web host providers offer little or no support, and simply expect you to already have someone on staff to handle your technical needs. Other providers claim to have managed solutions - but that simply includes a few web page links with information and someone who will reboot your web server when it starts to get slow or crashes.
There is nothing worse than having to pay for support, even worse when you have to pay by the minute and realize you are talking to someone located half a world away who barely speaks your language. While most web host providers are busy outsourcing their quality of service and support offshore

Good Luck

yaserali

Postby Mithelian » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:29 pm

I was looking for such type of great article about Web hosting,well done very good writing also very helpful.I will definitely follow your tips.

Mithelian

Postby stacyeva87 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:08 am

Checkout the list of top 5 web hosts comparison it tells you everything about the hosts necessity.

stacyeva87

Postby concerto49 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Check:
- 24/7 Support
- Uptime, Power, Network SLAs
- Reviews / Reputation / Where they advertise
- Quality of their site
- Any terms and conditions
- User feedback
- Price / Performance
- Other features

High performance, fast network, affordable price VPS - Cloud Shards
Available in Texas, New York & Los Angeles
Need a [url="http://www.vpsupgrade.com"]VPS Upgrade[/url]?
concerto49

Postby bermuda » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 am

Offering real customer support does seem a pretty important factor to consider because a lot of companies simply offer live chat features to their customers but when you get in touch, the operators will connect you to the sales departments and not the real support staff to help you out.

Real companies answer the support emails very fast, sometimes within a few minutes to keep their customers happy with the purchases they have made. Also, it is crucial not to oversell the products because that will result in selling low quality hosting accounts that will cause problems for sites.

bermuda

Re: What do you expect from hosting company

Postby HappyFrodo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:29 am

Hi!
I believe that the main criteria for a good web hosting are:
reasonable price;
a good and reliable equipment;
geographical location of the server;
Fast customer service;
well and other various useful things that come with hosting, for example, protection from DDoS attacks.
Choosing a hosting company is always a very difficult thing. I myself have tried a lot of different providers before settling on SwissHosters. I have been using their dedicated server for a long time. I am satisfied: they have a great customer service, all servers are with DDOS protection, 99.9% uptime. They have both dedicated and cloud servers. If you like the price, then I recommend this company.

HappyFrodo

Postby tanemikael » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 am

One of the most important factor I look for in a web hosting company is it’s tech support, it is also a plus factor if the web host provider’s control panel is easy to navigate and have a high uptime guarantee.

tanemikael

Postby debrathorton » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:49 am

The ability to run a reliable hosting platform. It's actually more about how you put together your servers; simply because servers that are poorly constructed will cost a lot more to support over time. In particular, as your server use grows and you get more and more accounts, your performance will suffer if you don't detect and ban malicious activity. So, getting your servers hardened is actually important - and often not considered or thought about much by newcomers, for understandable reasons.

Here are a couple of examples. There's a spammer trick where they just try every possible email address they can think of under a domain until they get a match. This puts a huge load on the server as you'd imagine, and banning it brings things back to normal quickly. As another example, scripts (Joomla, Wordpress etc) get hacked regularly. If you are able to prevent the rate of that with something like mod_security and CSF, you can reduce your support levels and increase your reliability substantially. Another thing you may not have thought about is limiting outgoing emails per hour by default, which will catch many spammers, and preventing outgoing email direct on port 25, which will catch the remaining wannabe spammers.

debrathorton

Postby Rockstar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

I want them to supply real-time support and the next is that the server which my site is hosted in shouldn't get down for a second.

Learn stock trading to gain more knowledge
Rockstar

Return to Reseller Hosting Forum