Top Hosting Forum

WebHosting Reviews Forum

Budget DirectAdmin hosting and domain names

HostGator reviews

Discuss all aspects of shared hosting, including reviews of shared hosts that you have experience with.

Hosting Forum Description
Shared Hosting Forum - Discuss all aspects of shared hosting, including reviews of shared hosts that you have experience with.

HostGator reviews

Postby hostingforum » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:25 pm

HostGator Hosting Reviews

HostGator is one of the most famous shared webhosting providers worldwide. 9 Years experience in webhosting business. 45 Day Money Back Guarantee, Online chat technical support 24/7

Hostgator official website

Do you have experience and Hostgator reviews? I know that the Hostgator hosting is one of the biggest webhosting and also their online chat support is quite decent. What are your Hostgator reviews?

Hostgator hosting technical details & limits (common for shared and reseller accounts:
memory_limit = 256Mb
max_execution_time = 30 seconds
max_input_time = 60 seconds
post_max_size = 64Mb
upload_max_filesize = 64Mb
Concurent mysql connections: 25
cronjob: minimum each 15 minutes!
emails per hour: 500 (good)

PS: these Hostgator limits canot be changed, but they are usually sufficing for well optimised small to medium sites.
Limits are set per shared account, resellers has much wider possibilities because they can distribute domains acros unlimited number of accounts (but they are getting limitted by disk space and bandwidth usage)

My Hostgator Review (bought Shared and Reseller hosting at BlackFriday 2012)
Order was quick, i got my account within 15 minutes ready. I was enligible for free cpanel accounts transfer from my old hosting. Ok they transfered it, frequently updated me on progress via email. The result? They transfered all accounts, 3 of them was around 9GB in size and they had to do Rsync manual transfer which taken around 3 days!!!!! Ok, they emailed me its finished. I checked it and i needed to fix around 12 mysql databases from 3 cpanel accounts, they contained no data. Ok its problem of cpanel probably but also Hostgator problem because they did not veriffied transfer integrity!! As a result i lost money and alot of time fixing mysqls and alot of stress. I rate Hostgator transfer staff as mostly ignorant and not professional because they was not able to check whether files and databases were 100% transfered. There is another issue with Hostgator - they suspended suddenly directory with aroun 10 addon domains (websites) because of high load. And i have been solving their f*ck* ticket and 3 replies whole 3 hours. That is teribly slow resonse time in case when your websites are down!! 3 hours downtime because their slow technical support! Finally my reseller account got suspended withing 5 months because my custommers hosted files against Hostgator TOS. They refused to give me all backups! I dont recommend using Hostgator reseller unless you strictly check for your custommers hosted content.

My HostGator rating:
Account setup: 9/10
Files Transfer from old hosting: 3/10
Support: 7/10
Flexibility: 4/10
Uptime, reliability: 9/10

Ad: There You can have your forum site-wide banner/text ad for $99 yearly. Contact admin

Top Hosting Forum - Welcome
Gtalk: mercedesslr1, Skype: suprman41, YM: Brothercz, ONLINE CHAT
hostingforum
Site Admin

Re: HostGator reviews

Postby mamatha » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:03 pm

Yes,i agree this point,hostgator is one the best hosting provider,its having good services,and also its having good benefits,good customer support.

HostSoch- Leading Web Host in India Since 2012.
Web Hosting with Unlimited features, cPanel, Softaculous, Lifetime Free domain, CMS tools and many more.
mamatha

Postby hostingforum » Tue May 01, 2012 8:33 pm

How many medium websites can i host on HostGator Baby Plan hosting?
UNLIMITED Domains
UNLIMITED Disk Space
UNLIMITED Bandwidth
They say unlimited domains, but certainly resources usage is limited, what is your experience? Can i host like 10 low to medium visitor forums? I mean 20-1000 visitors daily forums. Each with 50-1000MB database?

//EDIT: Choose shared or reseller hosting? I think shared hosting is better for couple of bigger sites or many low visit sites, but if you need to host big portfolio, reseller hosting might be better choice because you spread the sites acros several cpanel accounts under your reseller (decrease load, resources, email limit). By the way Hostgator reseller hosting has same technical limits like shared. I mean 256MB memory limit, 30 sec. execution time, post max size and upload size 64MB, 500 sent emails hourly from one cpanel account.

My Hostgator review on account setup
So you just need to click hosting plan you wish to choose, then enter your domain name you want to register or if you already have one, enter its name. Then enter "onecentcoupons" code. Proceed and fill out your desired login nickname, some security code, your address and your credit card or paypal details. I did it and within like 5 minutes i received my new account login details. That is quite what i call automatic and instant account setup.

hostingforum
Site Admin

Postby LakitaDemasi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:48 am

I agreed Hostgator provide superb hosting service.

LakitaDemasi

Postby Natcoweb » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:55 am

This company has many good as well as bad reviews.

Natcoweb Dedicated and Colocation Hosting
VPS from $9,99
Build Your Server
520 Series SSD Available
Natcoweb

Postby hostingforum » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Today we have at Hostgator 50% off black friday deal. So if you need reliable shared webhosting with history and good support, its time to act.

hostingforum
Site Admin

Postby hostingforum » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 pm

HostGator offers 50-75% discounts on their services this Friday Dec 21st 2012. Dont miss this! (i think i will be buying reseller hosting with Hostgator)

Hi, maybe You already know some people says today is the end of the world
day - 21.12.2012, and really at least Hostgator got crazy selling their
services for 50% off TODAY!!!

If you missed black friday big discounts on Hostgator, today is your next
lucky day with Hostgator.

I think they are crazy enough to offer 50% OFF on shared, reseller, vps and
even dedicated servers!

CHECK HOSTGATOR SITE THERE:
hostgator-reviews-t97.html

You can even register domain name or transfer to them for around 2 dollars.

That is it guys, just wanted to share. Enjoy this day.

Thanks,
Vit - http://tophostingforum.com

hostingforum
Site Admin

Postby hostingforum » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:58 pm

February discount coupon code for Hostgator: FEB35 (gives you 35% off shared, reseller and dedi)
This coupon will work on February 2013.

hostingforum
Site Admin

Return to Shared Hosting Forum