WebHosting Reviews Forum

Budget DirectAdmin hosting and domain names

Domain name choosing

General Webmaster Discussion @ Top Hosting Forum
Hosting Forum Description
General Webmaster Discussion at Top Hosting Forum, Welcome

Domain name choosing

Postby vedas88 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:19 pm

While choosing a domain name which points do you bare in mind?

Ad: There You can have your forum site-wide banner/text ad for $99 yearly. Contact admin

vedas88

Re: doamin name choosing

Postby madelinekim » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Well,Domain name selection should be done carefully .For choosing the domain you have to register to domain hosting organization. You will get lot of hosting company by searching on internet.

madelinekim

Postby HAndi25 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:22 pm

I check it the domain is describing my website and if it looks interesting for visitors.

HAndi25

Postby bermuda » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:17 am

It's important to think about the functions of websites before registering and choosing a new domain name. For example, if you are going to launch a new business, then picking the .com option would be preferred to other domain extensions whereas for IT industry, using the .net format can be recommended.

The next issue is the number of characters inside domains and naturally, the fewer they are the better because choosing too long domains will make it difficult for people to remember them. If you do not find the right domain, check some auction sites and if the finer addresses are affordable, just buy them.

bermuda

Postby pitpaul77 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm

First find a suitable name, and then find out how much it cost to register this domain. A good name can be a very big price.

pitpaul77

Postby hostingforum » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:57 am

I keep in mind to be .com name, very short, easy to remember (makes a sense) and brandable unique.

hostingforum
Site Admin

Postby ServerExperts » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:07 pm

HAndi25 wrote:I check it the domain is describing my website and if it looks interesting for visitors.

+ 1 to this as the domain name should be relevant to the product or services a website is representing. This will increase the chances of more visits to your website just by reading or knowing your domain name.

Host.co.in - Top Web Hosting Services Provider with 24 x 7 Quality Support, 99.99 % Uptime and 30 Day Money-back guarantee
ServerExperts

Postby Nirmal » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 am

Domain name should be matching name of your business or products. Try to insert keyword in your domain name as it matters for SEO. Keep eye catching easy to pronounce and remember.

India's No.1 Web hosting provider: http://www.hostingraja.in
Nirmal

Return to General Webmaster Talk