Top Hosting Forum

WebHosting Reviews Forum

Budget DirectAdmin hosting and domain names

Advice on CDN-hosting

A forum for discussion of all aspects of hosting, attributes to consider when choosing a web hosting service, things to look out for, and more.
Hosting Forum Description
Web Hosting Discussion Forum - A forum for discussion of all aspects of hosting, attributes to consider when choosing a web hosting service, things to look out for, and more.

Advice on CDN-hosting

Postby ricchie » Sun May 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Hello everybody!
My boss told me to move the statics on high-performance but inexpensive CDN-hosting. I spend several days to study the offers. I made a lot of tests and difference in content delivery was large. So was the difference in prices. And not always the speed is equal to the price.
Finally I stopped on Edgecast and Akamai. The tests show they are very good. But the prices are too high. As an alternative I found the reseller of Edgecast – jodihost.com. They have cheaper prices and the service is from Edgecast (even the control panel the same). Now i think if resellers are worth to work with.
From advantages of the reseller I can see the much cheaper price and there is no annual contract (you can leave them anytime).
From advantages of the brand – the contract with that brand.
So I ask you all to share you experience if you work with the resellers.

Ad: There You can have your forum site-wide banner/text ad for $99 yearly. Contact admin

ricchie

Re: Advice on CDN-hosting

Postby vick » Mon May 26, 2014 5:40 am

If the price is very different and the service is the same then try to find out everything you can about the reseller in Google and to talk with the support. If everything is ok, then give them a try. If the prices are almost the same, then take Edgecast itself (but the annual contact is a big minus).

vick

Postby hostingforum » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:04 am

Im using MaxCDN.com for CDN needs. Quite satisfied with this service (price, support).
CDN is harder to setup usually, needs advanced admin skills.

Also one can try free cloudflare.com service, it protects site from some attacks and also serve as CDN, setup is easier than with maxcdn.

hostingforum
Site Admin

Postby hostingforum » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Im ending with maxcdn. It is very very expensive CDN service.
Suddenly i got an email with invoice for $70 for 1Tb of data transfer. :think
That is ridiculously high price for me
Such data transfer is included in my $4 monthly VPS package.

So i dont recommend MaxCDN now, as they are expensive and can invoice high amount without me knowing. :'no

hostingforum
Site Admin

Postby KingServers » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:07 am

I recommend cloudflare's CDN, it is the best out there!

Managed & Unmanaged VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers
Europe & USA by King-Servers.com
KingServers

Postby MarySmith » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:34 pm

MaxCDN is quite expensive hosting decision, right. I'm also not able to buy it. But there are some alternative CDNs. For example http://cdnsun.com/ It's the cheapest one.

MarySmith

Postby hostingforum » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:03 pm

KingServers wrote:I recommend cloudflare's CDN, it is the best out there!

I agree, it is free of charge and it can help prevent some malicious users.
https://www.cloudflare.com/

Another CDN:
https://www.cdn77.com/pricing is $49 / TB

hostingforum
Site Admin

Postby winnervps » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:22 am

Good advice, thanks for sharing it with us.

winnervps

Postby RaviKapoor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:14 pm

I am really not going to fool you and say you can get CDN hosting in very low rates, it’s just not built for it. I believe we should rather be thankful that we can use such stuff with excellent features at the rates you might find currently. Just look back 3-4 years and even with high price you’d be struggling to get things you get currently at 50-60% lesser price.

However, I have used Akamai myself, so I will be fair in saying they do charges bit too much. I have personally shifted myself to BitsNGo CDN, as they have pretty simple and straight forward setup, but by no means is ordinary instead it’s well-advanced and with Premium global infrastructure, guaranteed speed and best part is 100+ POPs across the globe at very affordable rates (not cheap but affordable). You can try out their free 30 days trial with no pre-commitments, so good luck.

RaviKapoor

Return to General WebHosting Discussion