What is the site map in SEO ?

General Webmaster Discussion @ Top Hosting Forum
Hosting Forum Description
General Webmaster Discussion at Top Hosting Forum, Welcome

Postby raianju » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:49 am

Hi

Ad: There You can have your forum site-wide banner/text ad for $99 yearly. Contact admin

hey... I am Anju Rai from Delhi. i am working retails sector and Study in MBA. i am interesting more types of article, blogs and books like Get my ex love back, Powerful vashikaran mantra for love and some differents.
raianju

Re: What is the site map in SEO ?

Postby cwvps » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:35 am

Creating and submitting a sitemap will make search engines index your website faster and help decrease the bounce rate of your website. You can create it using Google Webmaster Tools. Follow instructions and you'll do it just fine.

Get A Cheap Windows VPS/RDP at CheapWindowsVPS.com
cwvps

Postby hostingforum » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:51 am

I think that sitemap canot be created within Google Webmaster Tools, it can be only submitted from there in case you already created/generated it from within your CMS or using some sitemap generator.

Regarding decreasing bounce rate, i think it is questionable. You may achieve that Google index more sub-pages if you submit sitemap, thus more visitors may come from search engine (targetted visitors who may stay longer time on the page).

hostingforum
Site Admin

Postby rfharris » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:30 am

XML sitemap is build and add in website to let search engine crawl all the pages of your website and it does help with your website's SEO and recommended for every website owner to use it in his/her website.

rfharris

Postby zarawatsonn » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 am

An XML files in which all the information of the webpages are kept to easily index it by search engine crawlers. It is like the index of a website.

zarawatsonn

Postby Talinhuu » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:13 am

XML sitemap which helps web crawlers easily find and index all the pages and posts on your website so that they can show up in a search engine result page. HTML sitemap which helps humans find a specific page/post on your site so that they can quickly navigate there.

WordPress Tips & Tutorials @ WPGuideline.com
Talinhuu

Return to General Webmaster Talk